Saturday, April 25, 2009

A Slap in the Pants



We have decided to take the state up on their offer of "early education" assistance and make great use of our tax dollars. A woman came to our house to interview Parker and me, and of course we were thrilled with the results. Trust me, I am not looking to place my kids in AP classes for them to be handed mounds of "dittos" as an extra challenge. We are just looking into resources that help us as parents make the very best of our kids.

The woman sitting on my couch chatted with me for over an hour, observed Parker, and then asked me what his middle name was.

"Parker Brent." I told her.

As she wrote it down, I turned to see Parker standing next to the coffee table giggling, and spanking his own thigh.

I guess it would not have been that big of a deal, if the woman sitting in my home wasn't from DSHS.

No comments:

Post a Comment