Friday, October 17, 2008

Toddler or Teenager?


So I guess that I would assume that I am quite the expert on teenagers. After spending almost ten years, loving the daylights out of high schoolers, you would think that I would know a thing or two. But since I have never raised a 3 year old, going on 13, I am a bit ill prepared. Hormones seem to be kicking into overdrive lately in our house, and I promise, they are not mine. Blake is so sensitive. He bursts into tears if Parker gets anything red, and he ends up with blue. "Mommy, red is my favorite color you know..." The water works go on if he thinks that Daddy forgot to hug or kiss Mommy goodbye in the morning. Sit in "his" chair for a morning cartoon, you will pay. Pull him out of the tub before the last water drop has made it's way down the drain, tears. This is what happened two nights ago, when he was STILL screaming, five minutes after he had been out of the bath. I told him, "Blake, you have to stop screaming. You are hurting mommy's ears". He stopped for a moment, placed his hands on my ears, and started up again.

Lastly, our most proud moment as parents came on Wednesday, when Blake got into a fight at preschool.

1 comment:

  1. Two words...Love & Logic, you guys HAVE to check it out. Only our second class and it has changed our lives!!

    ReplyDelete